Pros and cons of the Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC100 Android-powered cam I used for a short time on the Samsung’s 2012 IFA booth.
- Familiar operating system / user interface with tons of photo / video and other apps available, as well as robust sharing support.
- Intuitive, easy to use, and well designed picture and video related settings.
- Robust photo editing support via apps. The example here is Photoshop for Android.
- Fast auto-focus.
- Fast zooming.
- Very long boot / start up time for a camera of 25+ seconds.
- There’s no space for thumb rest when holding the camera using the grip. This can cause accidental taps on the screen, resulting in unintentionally changed focus, for example.
You can see these in the video above and also check out my short sample video clip and sample image I managed to capture with the EK-GC100 under low light: